This post on craigslist worries me.

This is all too common in our hobby. Someone bought the tank and fish without any knowledge and now has decided they are over it

I really like the doily on the light hood, it really helps feminizing the 1990 wood grain.

:headwally:

Guaranteed this was his thought process: (1) Some people say tangs are ok in a 75; (2) a PBT is a tang after all, why would specific species differ?; (3) my tank is 70 gallons, close enough; (4) I'll buy it.

:headwally:

Guaranteed this was his thought process: (1) Some people say tangs are ok in a 75; (2) a PBT is a tang after all, why would specific species differ?; (3) my tank is 70 gallons, close enough; (4) I'll buy it.

That's giving the person way too much credit. I doubt they even researched it.

You have to keep in mind that there is a segment of the reefing population that have probably never logged onto a site like this. They may get the sum total of their knowledge from their LFS. I would imagine that setups like this are more the rule than the exception in the overall population of tanks out there.

It wasn't that long ago that a 55 gallon tank was "large", a 75 was "big", and a 125 or 180 were enormous. Some LFS owners still live in those days.

You have to keep in mind that there is a segment of the reefing population that have probably never logged onto a site like this. They may get the sum total of their knowledge from their LFS. I would imagine that setups like this are more the rule than the exception in the overall population of tanks out there.

It wasn't that long ago that a 55 gallon tank was "large", a 75 was "big", and a 125 or 180 were enormous. Some LFS owners still live in those days.

Really scary and I hate to agree. But this is the information age and I believe we have an obligation to thoroughly investigate before we put something's life in our hands. I for one independently research everything, whether it comes from a doctor, car salesman, Apple store rep. or LFS.

I was born in Moorhead, but we lived in Fargo. Not sure which side of your argument I fall on...

I called my cousin in Kindred and sent him the link. He is going to try contacting the owner and buying just the fish.

We actually have a reputable LFS now.

The owner is educated and cares about his livestock.

Unfortunately, not everyone that walks in knows what they are doing, an unfortunate truth that follows every reefing community.

I was born in Moorhead, but we lived in Fargo. Not sure which side of your argument I fall on...

I called my cousin in Kindred and sent him the link. He is going to try contacting the owner and buying just the fish.

Nice! I was hoping someone would. If I had a big enough setup I'd love to - . but obviously don't :p

We actually have a reputable LFS now.

The owner is educated and cares about his livestock.

Unfortunately, not everyone that walks in knows what they are doing, an unfortunate truth that follows every reefing community.

Yeah, he's been awesome with us! We are newbies to the hobby and he custom built our sump for us. :bounce3:

Back