Thumbnail sized maculosus or 2" Clown Trigger

jmccown

So my lionfish was finally nipped by one of my triggers. Not sure which one, so I pulled him and he is now in my sump. Tomorrow I am going to trade him in for something at a LFS. I'm debating on either a thumbnail sized maculosus angel or a 2" clown trigger. Either would be really cool. I already have a 7.5" clown trigger in my 380g so adding another might not be such a good idea. I like the idea of the small mac angel, but would probably have to put it in my 150g reef tank till it grew quite a bit, otherwise it would be lunch in a short period of time in my big tank. The mac would make a great addition to my MONSTER tank that I'm going to do within the next 2 years, since they get HUUUGGE. Which fish would you guys go for?

Id vote mac too. Very personable angel! Not the greatest colors IMO but very cool fish! Plus I love angels, haha. I'd love to see a pic of a thumbnail sized mac. I have been tempted by the white bars on DD.

I'd also choose the maculosus. They're still beautiful angels. :)

Then again, I may be biased because I love angels.

Mac's are sweet fish. Mine was very personable, even more so than the Asfur I currently have (supposedly very closely related).

I think I'd vote for the angel as well, if for no other reason than you already have a clown trigger, I'm a big fan of not replicating fish in a tank for the most part unless it's a schooling/shoaling type of fish.

A large maculosus angel has very little color but good personality.
I go with something different than the two you mention.

go for the clarion! oh wait wrong thread, yeah, the mac would be awesome to watch grow. CT's are always fun, but u have one, so.

Just got back and got the fish acclimated. I got the maculosus angel. I've never seen one this small. The gal at the LFS gave me a 7" stars and stripes puffer and three squirrelfish too. Pretty good day. The squirrels will make nice dithers in my big tank.

Sweet, lets see some pics! Do you think the squirrels will get picked on though? I'd think they'd be better in your 150g, but the S&S puffer will make a nice addition! First puffer? I want to get one, but it just hasn't come up in the cards yet.

hadn't planned on getting the S&S Puff nor the squirrels but they were free, plus I felt sorry for them in the 40g tank at the LFS. She said she has had them for more than 6 months. So far the puffer is really cool.

Back