Tideline Sumps from Trigger Systems

Nrupaw

Anyone here currently using the Tideline Sumps from Trigger Systems? I am considering getting the Tideline48 but the sump seems like it has very skinny acrylic walls.

What is folks views on these sumps? The cost on these sumps is a steep so i am wondering if folks can share their experiences using these sumps.

Thanks!

I have their emerald system from them, great quality sump. I would hope from the same manufacturer the same quality would be throughout their line up.

Pretty large chunk of change to drop on a sump.

In the 40+ years I've been in this hobby I've built and bought a lot of sumps.

I have a Ruby 20 Cube running a 60 cube reef and it's great. They really maximized the layout to offer the best use of the limited space under a 2' square stand.

The Tideline series is only sold through brick and mortar stores, no online sales. You'll find 3 other lines of TS sumps sold through the major online sites. I think Trigger Systems sumps are one of the best deals out there.

In the 40+ years I've been in this hobby I've built and bought a lot of sumps.

I have a Ruby 20 Cube running a 60 cube reef and it's great. They really maximized the layout to offer the best use of the limited space under a 2' square stand.

The Tideline series is only sold through brick and mortar stores, no online sales. You'll find 3 other lines of TS sumps sold through the major online sites. I think Trigger Systems sumps are one of the best deals out there.

great! i appreciate the feedback. thanks much

I have the Tideline30 running on my tank. It was just recently set up so I can't give you long term experience. But, I can tell you that it's very well constructed. The acrylic is thick enough and sturdy. I really wouldn't worry about build quality here.

The Tideline's are priced pretty well, IMO.

I have the Tideline30 running on my tank. It was just recently set up so I can't give you long term experience. But, I can tell you that it's very well constructed. The acrylic is thick enough and sturdy. I really wouldn't worry about build quality here.

The Tideline's are priced pretty well, IMO.

Got it. Thanks. Good to know that the acrylic isn't flimsy. it just looked super thin from online pics and i couldn't find any info about the acrylic size used

Once when i was twisting the crap out of my kessil goose neck trying to get it into the right position.....it was attached to one of the baffles and i got it to flex "a little".

triggers website has a good comparison of the Ruby, Emerald, and tideline sumps. The higher end versions have adjustable sections and probe holders in addition to different layouts. I have an Emerald 34 and other than the custom I used on previous tank, this is the best sump I have seen. Very well made.

I have the 48 tideline up and running a year and no issues. I like having the extra room as for it is much larger than was recomded for my 180 gallon tank but you can never have enough room in the sump.

Back