Tiger Pistol Shrimp creating a sandstorm

pammy

Hey all. I bought a Splendid Goby and a Tiger Pistol Shrimp pair 4 days ago. Since I added the pair, the shrimp has been creating a big sand storm. I was keeping away from certain gobies, because they are known to create sand storms, but I wasn't aware that pistol shrimps did this. Is this temporary until he builds all of his dens, or will this be something he always does?
I hate looking at this cloudy water!

Thanks!
Pam

Mine did this at first also. But as time passed and he had some tunnels dug the sand storm quit. Now day to day I see that he pushed some sand around, but nothing like when he is first digging.

Joe

Hope that's the case with mine too Joe. He's really cool to watch, I just hate looking at a tank of cloudy water! :) Anyone else?

Mine caused a bit of a sandstorm when i first got him but now he has pretty much dug up the sand under the rocks and has his tunnels and stuff. I still see him pushing sand around but nothing bad. I always see little specs in the water but its not cloudy or anything.

I have one to. Relentless little guy.
Needless to say he isn't going into my next tank. Maybe a 10g for him and a buddy.
Thats what I get for getting him for $4 as a peppermint shrimp at petland. :D

i have one that is constantly working. always moving things around and making new tunnels. my tank water always has debris flying around because of him, but i get to enjoy clean sand around my rocks

Back