Timid Firefish

You are on the right track. The ff will probably get more bold if he realizes he won't get eaten. So many fishing lures are shaped like firefish for a reason.

I would get a planktonic sized food like cyclopseeze or fish or prawn eggs mixed with water & squirt it behind the rocks where it hides. Stress & food depravation aren't good. Plus it's likely to recognize the turkey baster and associate it with food, making it more bold over time. Good luck.

You are on the right track. The ff will probably get more bold if he realizes he won't get eaten. So many fishing lures are shaped like firefish for a reason.

I would get a planktonic sized food like cyclopseeze or fish or prawn eggs mixed with water & squirt it behind the rocks where it hides. Stress & food depravation aren't good. Plus it's likely to recognize the turkey baster and associate it with food, making it more bold over time. Good luck.

Good idea about squirting some food behind the rocks. I've got some cyclopeze in the freezer now. Will try that. Thanks, Reef Frog!

Just to follow up... After squirting mysis and/or cyclopeeze behind the rocks for a few days, the firefish started becoming more bold. He's now out and about almost all the time. đź‘Ť

Back