TLF phosban reactor 150 worth it for biocube?

Cheezefrog

Considering getting a phosban reactor, I've got a 29g biocube with custom sump.I have no clue on if its needed for my situation though. I've only tested phosphates with API's tests in the past, never salifret but I've never seen my levels elevated, or higher than the lightest test indicator -0.25ppm. I have used Chemi-pure elite in the past, but haven't ran it in almost 6+ months.

I have though been fighting bubble algae outbreaks for the last year +. My SPS and lps's do great though, only fish I've got is a mandarin and six line.

From the reading I've done some users complain about the various GFO's like the one from TLF and it leaching into the system, others like seachem phosguard users have complained about the amount of aluminum used.

Not sure if it is accurate or not, but some of the things i've read about running a phosphate reactor is that it can entirely remove all traces quickly which can in some cases be harmful for corals. Just looking for some FAQ's on it and if it would be a wise investment for my situation.

Running GFO wouldn't be overkill than in my situation? Or should I still stick with bagged media of some sort? I've got only a few frag size pieces of various sps, mostly lps.

GFO should be ran in a reactor so it can tumble properly. Also you can only run it as needed,although it doesnt seem like you need it right now.

Back