To Fuge or Phosphate Reactor?

Shouse94

I've been hearing both sides of the pro and anti fuge supporters lately and am kind of confused to which is going to be better for my 55g mixed reef. I'm looking at either a:
1. 20Hg refugium holding your common items
OR
2. running a phosphate reactor w/ rowaphos and probably a UV steralizer as well.
Which do you guys think would be the best route to go? thanks

Both... Plumb the phos reactor into the fuge. IMO, you dont really need a UV sterilizer. If you have to go one or the other, go with the fuge.

I run all three....Ive never tested my phosphates before andwhen I finally let my LFS test my water, they told me they were way to high....so I went with the phosban reactor. so far it works great. The red slime algae in my fuge is going awway finally! I have low flow through my fuge b/c I have a powerhead that pumps the water through the UV...then into the phosband reactor and then in to the fuge(which is just a 10G tank I drilled with a drummel) and gravity fed back into the sump. since I added the UV I haven't had a spot of ich. IMO they are worth it, but many people think otherwise.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7495579#post7495579 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by whiteshark
Both... Plumb the phos reactor into the fuge. IMO, you dont really need a UV sterilizer. If you have to go one or the other, go with the fuge.

Another vote for both!!

Back