To much for one time???

Tuton

I want place an order from saltwaterfish.com and want to use the $90 free shipping. Normaly I don't add things in large quantaties like this but I just built a new sump and want some stuff I can't get at my LFS.

20 hermit crabs
10 Astrea snails
4 ricordias
1 coral banded shrimp
1 brittle star
1 porcelain crab

I was thinking of doing a large water change to aviod a spike in anything but has anyone added this much stuff to a tank successfully???

Since that list won't add much waste, its very unlikely to kick off a mini cycle if thats what you're asking. You may want to test before & after introduction, but no large precautionary water change is needed. Adding a bunch of fish at once could be a different story however.

Keep in mind that the CB shrimp can be an aggressive predator.

how about the gold coral banded shrimp Stenopus zanzibaricus, it says it is smaller than the regular CBS, and are less agressive.

I want place an order from saltwaterfish.com and want to use the $90 free shipping. Normaly I don't add things in large quantaties like this but I just built a new sump and want some stuff I can't get at my LFS.

20 hermit crabs
10 Astrea snails
4 ricordias
1 coral banded shrimp
1 brittle star
1 porcelain crab

I was thinking of doing a large water change to aviod a spike in anything but has anyone added this much stuff to a tank successfully???

Two very very important questions... How big is the tank and how old is the tank. That's going to be the determining factor. This question is absolutely impossible to answer without those two details. All that in a 2 year old 300 gallon tank is nothing. In a 2 week old 10 gallon there would be much death.

Two very very important questions... How big is the tank and how old is the tank. That's going to be the determining factor. This question is absolutely impossible to answer without those two details. All that in a 2 year old 300 gallon tank is nothing. In a 2 week old 10 gallon there would be much death.

So true

If you are looking for a clean-up crew - check out ipsf. They do free shipping and offer a rock solid package that honestly is hard to beat. Their hermits stay small which is rather nice than a few months later finding a monster knocking over things.

Also in my last order I got 3 free clams which are epic for the sand bed :) Other than that, like the poster above. If it is a new tank then I'd hold off for a bit longer.

Looks like its a 55g from you signature? I don't think you'll have any issues with that size tank (plus your 20g sump).

Back