To the owners of Reef Octopus Skimmers

drowningdreamer

Finally ordered the Reef Octopus DNW-200 Recirculating Protein Skimmer. Doesn't look like the one from the BRS (bulkreefsupply) website. Photo from BRS is the same as photo below.

Heres a photo I got from proteinskimmer.com.cn

DNW-200-6540.jpg

Here is a full cleaned and unassembled shot of the DNW-200 I received.

REEFOCTOPUSDNW-200.jpg

So which photo shows the newest design? I know I probably have a newer one but I'm just paranoid about stuff like this.

Thanks

You have the newer design. The neck on the one you received is 10xs better. Easy on and off and allows for more air. It looks as if it also has the larger venturi and larger output elbow. Looks like an upgrade headed in the right direction. How tall and wide is the neck on that thing?

Where is the gate valve and riser tube?
At least from the picture it does not appear the cup has a rise tube attached?

Diameter of neck is aprox 4 3/8" (picture shows different, but measured with another ruler)
Height of neck is aprox 2 1/2"

NECK DIAMETER
NeckDiameter.jpg

VENTURI
Venturi.jpg

STAND PIPE
StandPipe.jpg

TWIST FLOW CONTROL
FlowControl.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12913587#post12913587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Markieb
Wedge valve! I see that now. That is not a plus in my book!

Wedge pipe is actually pretty easy to use and doesn't take up the room that a gate valve takes up.

I prefer the wedge valve over any other type of valve. Easy to adjust. In fact I make mark on mine to line up for wet, dry and med skimmate this way it is always easy to dial in.

Back