Toadstool not opening

del8901

Hello. I'm new to these forums so bear with me please. I recently obtained a toadstool leather. At first it was open most of the time. It seemed to be happy and fully extended. About 2 weeks later I added some more dry sand to my tank. Some of it seemed to settle on the leather and the leather withdrew it's polyps. Ever since, there seems to be green patches on it and it won't extend. No waxy appearance yet. I have a 55 gallon. Water parameters are sg 1.025 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 ph 8.2. Ive had this setup for a little over a year.

Last edited:
sometimes they do slime up and then shed their coat, could be what as going on, maybe he didn't like something that changed in the water chemistry. i had a kenyan tree that would sometimes close for a few weeks and then open just fine, how long since he closed? post this in the soft coral section as well, might get a few more responses.

For two weeks it was open normally. It's been about one week since he hasn't opened up. I will post it in the softies section as well. Thanks.

Back