Toadstrool wont open after weeks

walleyebum

I added a new toadstool and it will not open fully and only shows small polyps and is always shedding. Seems like every day it will have some polyps or just shed. My other toadstool is doing perfect, this one will not open fully it has been like 3 weeks. Have it placed in the middle of the tank like the other toadstool and has decent indirect flow also

Not all toadstools are the same it may need a little more or less flow and or light. What is your setup and perimeters, some can be a lot more picky than others.

He tends to ruffle up tight and then flatten out as a pancake throughout the day. When hes flat is the only time the polyps come out a little

Here is some pics

Attachments

• rsz_img_3214.jpg
    rsz_img_3214.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
  • rsz_img_3216.jpg
    rsz_img_3216.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
I had one do the same thing. My mine was being picked at by a fish, but it wouldn't do it when I was in the room, since the culprit would act like it was feeding time whenever I came in. I had to peep in to finally catch it in the act.

hmm mine does that occasionally when it sheds. does it have enough flow to blow off shed mucus and stuff? My toadstool once sulked for ages then started replicating itself by curling up rounded areas which eventually dropped off and formed new toadstools. Self fragging! :)

If it's always seeming to be shedding, I would try upping the flow or getting it cleaned off via turkey baster at least daily. Or just play around and see what makes it happy. They are tough as heck which is good.

Has decent flow, the shed gets blown off. I had him in strong flow and he never opened so I put him in decent flow now, just getting small polyp extension

Back