Too much light... what to do now

LOTUS50GOD

I burned the tips of couple of new acros I added to the tank.

I turned down the lights by 20% and I do not see any more burning.

What can I do now to help the coral.

More info, how long have you had the lights, how much have you been increasing the lights, what percent? yadayada.

Go slow, turn them down, turn them up a few percent every couple weeks but beware you may never reach 100%.

Here are some pics of my light set up

Attachments

• IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1081.JPG
    IMG_1081.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey that's a pretty sharp looking light setup you have!

I'd keep them low and slowly let your coral adjust, going too fast is one of the biggest problems with those LEDs.

I put them down low. They were only about 4" from the bottom.
Alk is around 9.

Thanks... I had the light rack custom made. Each AI can be adjusted left and right and the whole unit goes up and down. :)

LOL i'm quite a (beast if you will). I put them up real high and turn them way up. I realize that high is usally more K 12k at 50% 18k at 100%. I like things maxed out. How much boost can put thru my turbo. What's the most gph powerhead. And my favorite of all how many lights can i fit. My first tank i only had t8-s I put 5 on a ten gallon. It was 75 watts. lol

Put the corals down low as possible. If still too much light, find a shaded area like under a rock where there is minimal light. And see if it does better there, until it fully adjusts, and you can slowly move it into a more lighted area.

Dude cebter them max. Raise them to the ceiling and put them on 100% post in a week and tell me if they burn still.

sorry cebter I;ve been drinking tonight. I mean fully center them then do above.

Back