Took down a 20 year old reef tank - selling livestock

Pico Keeper

Premium Member
My friend got me word that an office building with a 20 year old 150g reef tank in it was being taken down. I went and got the history lesson on the tanks past, and found out they had no real plans for the livestock, they were just going to demolish it and trash the fish and corals. The fish were so absolutely gorgeous I knew I had to save them. So I set up an emergency stock tank with stuff I had lying around and now I'm the proud owner of a bunch of random 20 year old fish and corals.

Everything is OBO. Located in Miami, FL near Little Havana..

Star of the show - 20 year old - 8" Red Sea Sailfin (Desjardini) Tang - Absolutely huge, fat, stunning fish with incredible personality. The pics do him zero justice. Very curious and docile. Will eat pellets out of your hand. $150
I'll only sell to someone who has a 6ft tank or larger.
8PASalW

Massive Magic Carpet Mushrooms - Some of these are as big as 5-6" across, absolutely massive and not very common these days. Pick any size from 1" to 6" and get whatever rock its on for free... $10/ea
4LW0zKy

10" Bubble Coral - It's still a bit ****ed off from the move in the below photo but looks much better and bigger today. This thing is beast. It could also potentially be cut into two (it's actually two if you **** it off enough to see the skeleton, so it could be fragged.
A8cbUbA

Branching Frog Spawn - I have a section that's about a foot across and 20 heads. Then tons of branches that fell off during the move, maybe 10 total. $5 each head (minimum 5) They look ****ed in the photo because they had just gone into the new holding tank from trash bins and a car ride... Take all of it for $80
H3WLcqA

There is also a bonded pair of Clarkii Clowns. They are friggin awesome and also 20 years old, they were spawning and caring for eggs regularly in their old home. Gorgeous pair of fish. They are mean as all hell. Do NOT throw them into a tank with a bunch of small peaceful fish or you will have a war. They would probably do best in a species tank or in a tank with some larger fish or a larger compatible anemone. $100 for the pair.
hhNfQVr

There's also a pretty big (12-15") rock filled with blue/green mushrooms. I have no idea how to photograph them to show their true iridescent color, but you've probably seen them before. $1/ea or the entire rock for $25. Worth it for the rock price alone, its about a 6lb rock. I also have a bunch of loose ones on rubble.
kPlD3f4

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/Ews9d

Here's a video of the fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGxFdvDFhRw&feature=youtu.be

Other things in the tank are:

Green and Red Cynaria - $25
Green and Brown Candy Cane (calaustea) - $30 (7 heads)
A regular false perc clown - FREE
Blue Damsel - FREE

Last edited:
Hi. I’d be interested in the rock filled with blue/green mushrooms and maybe a few of the magic carpet mushrooms, if available. I can pick up tomorrow, Saturday. Let me know. Thanks

TTT!

Still got some blue green mushrooms, the carpet mushrooms, a large bubble coral (not pictured), and tons of frogspawn frags. The black clarkii clowns are still available as well.

Buy anything and get a freebie coral of my choice.

Back