Torch coral problems.

QPWithCheeseQP

I ordered a two torch corals a while back, about 4 months, and the larger frag just slowly receeds everyday but the smaller frag is doing fantastic. Theyre in similar spots about half way up the tank with moderate flow. All my other lps in the tank are growing faster than they ever have including a hammer coral, but this torch just doesnt seem to want to live any more...

Ph 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate "undetectable"
P04 .02 - I run gfo
calc 420-460 somewhere in there
magnesium 1250
Dkh 10.1

I do target feed my lps 2x a week but this torch never eats :(

Andy_B

Did you dip them when you got them. I had a nice branching torch with about 7 or 8 heads and one by one they were receding.

I cut off the dying heads and dipped the remaining cluster of 3 in Coral RX and a little worm came out.

After that the remaining 3 heads are doing really well.

QPWithCheeseQP

Did you dip them when you got them. I had a nice branching torch with about 7 or 8 heads and one by one they were receding.

I cut off the dying heads and dipped the remaining cluster of 3 in Coral RX and a little worm came out.

After that the remaining 3 heads are doing really well.

Hmm I suppose it could have a parasite.. I've never dipped any corals before, you think a dip in fresh ro water would help? Ill see if my LFS has anything like that though cause I've read that special dips can totally save some coral.

Randy15

And try low flow, low light. IME torchs don't really like any strong constant flow. Just enough to move the tenticals around enough for a graceful motion.

Dodgy Russian

I dip acros in freshwater for 20 seconds to remove acro eating flatworms. The ph and temperature of the freshwater has to be the same as the tank that the coral is in or it will die.