Torch near mushrooms.

pennfisherman

Hello everyone,
I have two torch corals that are growing nicely, I moved them recently to get them in an area with a little less flow. However there are some mushrooms on the rocks near them.

My question is which take more damage? because I know both can be nasty.

I really do not care about the mushrooms but do not want the torch's to die..

Thanks
-Matt

Here you can see the two torch corals and the mushrooms on the right side attached to the rocks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0
I know in my tank, given a close proximity between some red mushrooms and Frogspawn, Frogspawn always wins. The mushrooms decide to move south, and eventually the frogspawn sends out longer tentacles, stings them, and they shrivel up some, move away some more.

Sincerely,

David

I have noticed the same about frogspawn and my purple and green mushrooms. The frogspawn spreads like crazy and 'shrooms retreat.

Hello everyone,
I have two torch corals that are growing nicely, I moved them recently to get them in an area with a little less flow. However there are some mushrooms on the rocks near them.

My question is which take more damage? because I know both can be nasty.

I really do not care about the mushrooms but do not want the torch's to die..

Thanks
-Matt

I would put money on the torch coral. They've burned all kinds of things up in my tanks over the years. Nasty little buggers...

Interesting. I have a torch coral that uses its long stinger tentacles to 'torch' anything in the vicinity - mushrooms, SPS, doesn't seem to matter, torch wins!

Back