Toying with a 60 cube Pred tank, need advise

I'm looking at setting up a 60 cube in my office. Can't really go bigger because of space, so I'm trying to figure out what to put in it. I have a 120 reef downstairs, so I wanted to do something more "specialty" with this one. One idea I had was a predator tank, but obviously space is an issue.

I'm a big fan of the Dwarf Lions, but I know they can be aggressive if you get two males (I've heard this is true even between species) and I'd want to have more than 1-2 fish in the tank. I don't think a cube is a great shape for a snowflake eel due to their length, but I'd be curious about other opinions since I haven't kept one before. I've also looked into Scorps, but have little experience with them. I'm a big fan of Puffers as well, but have read they would do poorly with most of the rest of smaller pred species and aren't great to mix in a small footprint.

Any other suggestions? Is a 60 a viable platform or should I go for something else? Appreciate any feedback you can provide.

I'm looking at setting up a 60 cube in my office. Can't really go bigger because of space, so I'm trying to figure out what to put in it. I have a 120 reef downstairs, so I wanted to do something more "specialty" with this one. One idea I had was a predator tank, but obviously space is an issue.

I'm a big fan of the Dwarf Lions, but I know they can be aggressive if you get two males (I've heard this is true even between species) and I'd want to have more than 1-2 fish in the tank. I don't think a cube is a great shape for a snowflake eel due to their length, but I'd be curious about other opinions since I haven't kept one before. I've also looked into Scorps, but have little experience with them. I'm a big fan of Puffers as well, but have read they would do poorly with most of the rest of smaller pred species and aren't great to mix in a small footprint.

Any other suggestions? Is a 60 a viable platform or should I go for something else? Appreciate any feedback you can provide.
I have a 40 breeder with a dwarf Zebra lionfish and a dwarf Fuzzy lionfish. They are both small, 2 to 3" and get along fine. The Fuzzy will chase the Zebra sometimes but does no damage. I have had such good success that I am contemplating adding a dwarf Fu Man Chu lionfish. The addition of the Fu may cause me to have to upgrade to a larger tank in the future but I will wait and see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back