Trap

Sar

does anyone have a easier and safe way to take a goby out of my tank without disturbing the balance of the tank. I have tried a trap with shrimp and seaweeds for a few weeks now and he reframe from the area where the TRAPS are. Any suggestion?

What type of goby?

And perhaps a hook and line?

I'm trying to get my white grunt out now and I'm trying the hook and line aproach.. I'm not sure if it would work for your goby but it might be worth a shot..

thanks for the suggestion, but I'll give it a try. Its a Golden Head Sleeper Goby and it already kill two bi color scoly worth over $400 bucks. He covered them with sand, making it impossible for them to open and when they did open he spit sand in their mouth. Killing them!

Hook and line as well for me. But it might be hard to get a sleeper to bite. Try a dark beer bottle on the bottom and see if it goes in at night.

Apparently sleeper Gobies listen to Admiral Akbar...

ackbar_mouse_trap2.jpg

Do you have a sump system and return pump? Is it a wet dry or filter sock style?

You may want to use a large diameter hose to suck up the fish into a bucket or maybe your filter sock. It's like a flume ride for your fish. :)

Make sure its a BIG hose though. You don't want to hurt him while he's riding the flume tube! haha

If you want to get rid of him I might be interested.. where you located?

Make sure its a BIG hose though. You don't want to hurt him while he's riding the flume tube! haha

If you want to get rid of him I might be interested.. where you located?

That's what I was thinking too. However, if it's too big, he might try to turn around and get stuck (also harder to create suction to start the flow). There should be a happy medium.

if he's an inch or two wide you will want to make sure you use at least 1" wide pipe/hose.

And if you would like to get rid of him, I just set up a 50g gulf of mexico/carribean tank that will not having any corals for him to mess up..

if he's an inch or two wide you will want to make sure you use at least 1" wide pipe/hose.

And if you would like to get rid of him, I just set up a 50g gulf of mexico/carribean tank that will not having any corals for him to mess up..

Yeah, def. a big diameter hose if you don't know. Don't want a stuck fish. :( Also you could run the end of the hose into a fish net (loosely to avoid damage)

Maybe somebody has a slurp gun you could borrow?

Never used a slurp gun but I have heard about it. Do you have one I could borrow and I'll give you the goby in return.

But for now, I be heading to petco, pet supermarket or pet smart to get a really large enough hose

No, I don't have one. Not sure how practical it would be in a tank anyway.

Good luck no matter which method you use.

I finally got my yellow head goby out of my tank. it was a strike of luck on my coral end but bad on his end. Idk what happen with him and my diamond head goby but he seems like he was a little beat up and he was turn to the side but still breathing. All that matters is that my sand bed coral will be ok.

Back