Tried everything. Still cyano!!

That was before my recent change this past weekend.

A 10% water change will only drop nitrates 10%. In a week, they may be right back up where they were. You'll have to do large water changes or do smaller ones way more often to drop nitrates noticeably.

Can you do 10% per day rather than 10% per week to see how that effects the nitrate level and cyano growth? Doing larger quantities, say 20%, at each change is a little more efficient for nutrient export, but has to be balanced against stressing the system. You don't have to keep it up forever, just until nitrates (and dissolved organics) stay down without them.

Oh and do you feed your Rose often? I was feeding mine every third day and was told that could elevate my Nitrates/Phosphates.

Those small traces of cyano that started showing up in the sand haven't increased at all. Just 3 small areas about the 3-4" or so in diameter and they are very subtle. I will do another water change this weekend and siphon those areas out and then run some GFO.

Since I siphoned the last traces out and did a water change, I haven't seen any more come back. Hoping it's for real this time. Out devilish Cyano!! Be gone.... Wait for it....

forever-copy.jpg

Back