Tropic Eden reef flakes

rudyr03

I really like this sand and I want to use it for my build pretty sure no one sells it locally.. I found some from premium aquatics .. Is anyone using it here? And is happy with it

I think you can only get it from Premium Aquatics. I bought 90lbs for my build. I should have it up and running soon. I bought it based on the RAVE reviews on it. Its a bit pricey, but for the quantity I needed, the extra $30-$40 bucks was fine with me. I can see if you are doing a monster tank, it might add up pretty quickly. I got the Reef Flakes size because I have a lot of flow. I was tempted to get the miniflakes, but that would have been problematic in my tank. HTH!

Yeah thats another reason why 1 mp 60 and 2 mp40 is a lot of movement .. My tank is 72x30x30 so that's a lot of sand even though I only want about 1.5 inches or so.. I wonder how many pounds of reef flakes that is ..

If you search on the Premium Aquatics forum, there is a figure you use to plug into the sandbed calculator, and it tells you what you need. I want to say it was 84, or .84 or somehting like that. Basically, you input your tank footprint, that calculation factor, and the desired thickness, and it tells you what you need. In my case, the 90lbs should give me 1.25-1.5" but probably more because I will be placing rock directly on the bottom. Its pretty simple if you search for it. There is actually a large Reef Flakes thread tha has those figures.

Lol yeah thanks I just did that calculator thanks .. I sent them a message to see if they have in stock

Nice thanks for the info just waiting to see if they have in stock.. I've heard nothing but good things about it

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/TE-TE03616R30.html

It is purty sand. The name is weird tho. Sounds like fish food.

te-sandgroup.jpg

I'm using both the Mini Flake and Reef Flakes in two different systems. Its definitely more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. Rinses clean after just one wash, and the sand seems to be polished, feels almost like white rice running through your hands. Honestly I wouldn't even consider any other sand after using Tropic Eden.

Yeah thanks for the info.. I'm going to order just checking if premium aquatics has any sales for labor day

Back