Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt

mwilliams62

Does Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt that comes in a bucket need to be rolled around like some other salts to get the salt mixed up because of some of the components settling in the bottom of the bucket or box?

You shouldn't have to roll any salt, but that being said, any salt can settle out some so it couldn't hurt.

That being said, I've never done so with any salt I've ever used and never noticed a problem with it.

You shouldn't have to roll any salt, but that being said, any salt can settle out some so it couldn't hurt.

That being said, I've never done so with any salt I've ever used and never noticed a problem with it.

There was a actually a study done by bulk reef supply. Salt does settle and there are some that are bad. TMP is not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I let it mix for 2-3 hours and then turn my continuous water change pumps back on. I use Spectrapure LiterMeter and add on pump to change out 2 1/2 gallons a day over 24 hour period. If I were making a large water change I would mix for at least around four hours. I have a 65 gallon saltwater mixing tank that circulates constantly and hold same temp as my 180 gal reef tank, usually mixing new saltwater when holding tank drops to 30 gal so I have some for emergency waterchange My RO/DI tank holds 70 gal.

As long as it's clear and the salinity is good you can use it. I usually wait at least an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rule of thumb I was always told is 24 hrs but once the water is clear I don’t see a issue. I let mine mix for several hrs before doing a water change

Back