Tropic Marin pro reef

RBU1

Moving on Up
Having a hard time finding tropic Marin pro reef. What should I switch too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there will be many different suggestions on this, but I use Red Sea Coral pro salt..

Having a hard time finding tropic Marin pro reef. What should I switch too?

The best thing to do is switch to a salt that is nearest to your tanks set parameters and to something that you know will be readily available at your local LFS or online.

There are many salts available so an idea of what parameters you run your tank at will give us an idea of a salt to recommend.

Thanks

Aquacave has Pro but there's a $20 shipping surcharge. its $120 for 200 gallon bucket; not terrible given the circumstances.

+1 to using whatever salt most closely matches your parameters. However, I switched to TM Pro after learning higher alk salts tend to "gunk up" my storage containers.

And so you keep your setup at a lower alkalinity so it doesn't gunk up your aquarium; or you don't care if your aquarium is gunked up, just the container?

I've been using Reef Crystals for years. I've tried a bucket or bag of other salts (more expensive and cheaper) now and again and never saw day-to-day measurable difference. I certainly saw no visual difference in my coral.

Back