Tropic marin pro

paveking1

Ok whats the deal i just got 10 buckets of tropic marin pro,I opened each one and did a test on all of them. I always do this when i get my orders. I buy 10 buckets every 4 months ,i do alot of water changes ,I have big tanks & do bi weekly 20%changes .Ok long story short every bucket tested diffrent at 1.025. I had calcium from 310 to 480 alk from 4to12 mag from 720 to 1420 ,what is going on has anybody else had this problem?I have never had this problem with TMP before ive bought it for 3 years.

I recently switched from Tropic Marin Pro Reef due to problems with Magnesium and alkalinity levels. I switched to Reef Crystals. I have been getting consistant readings and it is alot cheaper.

I used reef crystals too ,I had a problem with them once i e-mailed them & they told me there was nothing they can do about it ,The guy called me 2 days later & said he would send 1 new bucket for my problems. I was ****ed when i just bought 10. he said theres nothing perfect & hung up on me . thats bad customer service , when i spent $450 for salt.

did you scoop some salt off the top? I have read the best thing to do is mix up a complete bucket all at once cause stuff settles to the bottom in shipping sometimes.
I'll start testing my buckets, I have 8 buckets of TMpro on hand I'll see what the alk is, last time I checked it was 6.5 out of the bucket.

Anyone hear anything good about Sera Salt? I am tempted to switch salts as I have the same issues with Tropic Marin. I have been tempted to switch to Reef Crystals, but a friend recommended either Seachem or Sera.

Back