true percula clownfish?

thefez510

hey guys so I ordered this 2 supposedly true percula clownfish online. Ive had them for about 5 months now, my question is how long until the third white bar will start showing on them? i contacted the site and they said that it is a true perculla clown but im starting to doubt it since its been a while and still no sign of the third bar showing up. have you guys have/had this issue before with a clownfish?

first picture is the first time i got them, second picture was taken a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• D6FD30AB-69E2-402B-ACF5-674E9BB6603D.jpeg
    D6FD30AB-69E2-402B-ACF5-674E9BB6603D.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • 6C2E01F2-CA50-4CD3-A8A2-ABDED7D58BF0.jpg
    6C2E01F2-CA50-4CD3-A8A2-ABDED7D58BF0.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
so your saying that its a percula but its a misbar percula?

Yes.
Percula misbars actually exist in the wild and that doesn't indicate any sort of health issue or deformity. Many experienced clownfish keepers and breeders pay more attention to physical deformities such as protruding jaws, flared gills and some others.

oh ok i thought misbar percula were man made and i wanted to make my tank as natural as possible well thank you i really appreciate it.

Yes.
Percula misbars actually exist in the wild and that doesn't indicate any sort of health issue or deformity. Many experienced clownfish keepers and breeders pay more attention to physical deformities such as protruding jaws, flared gills and some others.

Those look like true percula but I doubt they are wild collected.

Definitely not wild.
Aside from physical imperfections, misbar in two young juvenile clowns indicate they're tank raised. It'd be somewhat unlikely to get two misbars in the wild and distribute them together.

Back