Trumps 28Bow to 45 Cube swap.

Trump

Well I got the new tank and will start with new sand/ a cup or so of existing stuff. My son and I built a quick 2x4 stand this weekend and skinned it in some gloss black 1/4" plywood. The front of the cabinet will be solid but removable with a faux door on it so that I can get to the plumbing as it goes through the floor if needed, and to setup a power switch station as well. I am reusing all of my power equipment so hopefully will have a VERY small cycle if one at all. I believe that my tub sits at about 50g of water and I will move a good bit of the water in the tank as I will use it to hold all livestock. Any corals that can be removed from their current location may be moved unless their is others on the same rock that cant be moved to allow for more freedom in aquascape. I believe that Iam going to do a larger C shaped area stacked up a little and a single rock tower in the middle with a ring of my blastos or acans.

With the extra volume I may also purchase a Jebo 25 to assist my MP10.

I also plan on setting up a 20g fuge out of the old sump that ran the system prior to the trough, since I also acquired a tub Fuji mud for 7 dollars.

Equipment list:
Marineland 45g Cube
2 Aqueno 200w pros
Ecotech MP10
Glass-Holes overflow or flows (pending purchase from clemquat)
2x4 Stand
Mag18 Return
100g Rubbermaid Sump
Aqua C120 skimmer using a Quietone 2200 pump
Reef breeders Value Fixture
Approx. 150 lbs -200 lbs of live rock.

Iam going to use a 700gph Glass-holes kit. I used the nano which is only 300gph on my 28 and it was deadd quite but wanna up the flow since I have the pump to provide it.

I hope to do it this coming weekend depending on a new overflow. I dont want to use the same box I currently have. Would like to double my flow for this tank. The mag 18 has more than enough juice to do that and as soon as I figure out how Iam doing it I will drill it and get it in place.

So tank has mostly cleared up corals and fish seem ok. Saturday I will take a pic as I get the aquascape in place. I have to make a light holder as well for this tank as the canopy is a little overbearing and I want a little less bulk to it. Think Iam going to do the black pipe style, on a flange base mounted to the floor so that I can swing the light outta the way to work in the tank..

First shot of tank after setting up the aquascape, still cloudy from disturbing the sump rock. The thermometer and the hob filter are only there temporarily to get rid of the cloud I will get better shots once I clean the glass and everything settles in and opens up.

Couple cleaner shots, no lights back light from dining room only. Glass is still dirty though.

Having some STN issues anyone know what I should be looking for and what I can do to take care of corals that are showing dmg?

I think that and the light placement may have ****ed em off a little too. I picked up a couple new things. I have to find out what the chalices are for sure anyone with good knoledge please chime in. Think the one is a mengs mummy not sure on the other bubble gum or pink boobies? I cant get the picture to show the light blue striation or the orange eyes in the pink one well. Also got a forest fire digi.

STN Slow Tissue Necrosis The tissue on the SPS just starts to kind erode away
RTN Rapid Tissue Necrosis Same but very fast like overnight.

Well have kinda lost my way with the original scape but I needed more surface area for sticks. Updated shot water was very dirty from changing filter pads.

Back