Trying an aptaisia eater...

Stanley-Reefer

Just ordered a matted filefish...he can nip my sps just hope it likes aptasia better than my lps...it's getting out of control. Nudis aren't an option in either tank d/t wrasses, and my pests seem to treat Joes juice and Red Sea's like it's food.:headwallblue:

Got from LA will be here Thursday.:thumbsup:

Good luck.

I tried one.... it's first night in the tank it completely obliterated a aussie open brain coral.

He left alone my SPS.... but he was only in the tank for 2 days before I got rid of him due to the damage he did to my LPS corals.

A pair from Diver's Den cleaned up 100's of Aiptasia in a 75 gallon in about a month. They were with star polyps, mushrooms, leather corals, and zoanthids.

I have used all of the above except for the filefish. Peppermint shrimp and Nudibranches seem to work the best, except the Nudi's starve after the aptaisia are mostly gone. Not even the Nudi's eliminate it all, but they do seem to be gone for a long time before appearing again. That's why I am using peppermint shrimp now, they will eat fish food etc. and whenever the aptaisia reappear the shrimp mow them down again. If you get the filefish let us know how it went.

Back