Trying to figure out how to put in a nice fuge??

jherrin215

GO COLTS!!
I have a 125 salt that I am setting back up from a move. Currently all I have are the fish (1 vlamenji, 1 red coris wrasse, 1 coral beauty, and 1 goby) which are safe in my 40 gallon that is already set up. My question is how to add a refugium to my setup. I have a sump that will be installed in the basement and that is where I would like to add my fuge. The sump is probably about 20 gallons, so I don't feel that the area that I could use for a fuge would be large enough. I have several 10 gallon tanks lying around that I could use, but just wondering how to plumb it mainly. I will have the overflow going into the sump and the return pump is directly connected to the sump by a bulkhead. Can someone give me an idea how to get this done?? Thanks in advance!!

Mine is a separate tank off of my basement sump. Sump has 3 chambers. 1st is from display. 2nd has skimmer in it. 3rd is return/top off section.

I have a Taam1700 (throttled back) in 2nd chamber. It feeds a 20gal off to the side with macro in it. The 20 fuge is drilled and has a 1 inch bulkhead in it and it sits up on some blocks. The fuge drains into the return section of my sump. I have a cheapo $10 39watt flourescent bulb in a clip on fixture from Home Depot. Thats about it.

The trick is to drill the fuge so that it can drain back into sump. Other than that, nothing to it.

Back