Tunze 6055 vs. MP20

Is it an upcoming new tank? If it's already set up, do you have any other power heads in there for flow? You'll need at least 2, maybe more, of either of those you mentioned. Given the choice, I'd go Vortech.

I don't have any experience with the Vortech but I'm happy with my 6055 with single controller. If you go with Tunze I'd consider the multi-controller if you think you will add additional controllable pumps later on. I'm running a 6055 on a single controller, a 6101 on a single controller and 6065.

Is it an upcoming new tank? If it's already set up, do you have any other power heads in there for flow? You'll need at least 2, maybe more, of either of those you mentioned. Given the choice, I'd go Vortech.

The tank is running right now and I have 2xSeio 620 powerheads but I need more flow.

I'm interested in this as well. Already have a Tunze 6025 and want a controllable option. Either MP20 or Tunze 6055.

Given the choice, I'd go with the Vortech. I had 4 Tunze 6055s in my 185 on a controller and just replaced two of them with MP40s. I absolutely love them. No complaints about the Tunze as they are excellent, but the Vortechs seem a notch above them technologically.

Cozmo, what controller did (do) you have your 6055's on? Do you know if the single controller allows you to ramp up (and down) the speed, or is it just for 'on/off' wave type simulations?

Thanks

I have the single controller and a 6055 and you can select two pulses.
Cycle A can be anywhere from 30-100% power and cycle B can be anywhere from 30-100% power. With the single controller you can only have the pump switch between cycles anywhere from 1-5 seconds. If you are looking for a wave type effect you'll need a multi-controller that can switch btw cycles in less than a second.

Imo a 6055 and single controller are great

Cozmo, what controller did (do) you have your 6055's on? Do you know if the single controller allows you to ramp up (and down) the speed, or is it just for 'on/off' wave type simulations?

Thanks

I'm afraid that I don't know much about the single controller. I was using the 7095 multi controller to control all 4 of my 6055s. That one allows for several modes of operation to adjust the flow. I don't know that with your size tank you'll get a wave effect with a Tunze. I'd go with a Vortech if you want a wave, or a Tunze nano wavebox.

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I'm just looking to be able to ramp the flow up and down (which it seems possible with the single controller) and/or for something similar to lagoon or reefcrest mode (on the Vortechs)... if possible. Just looking to randomize things a bit. Not necessarily looking for a wave.

Back