Tunze 6200 or 6201

tbone28

I'm thinking about adding another one to my tank, but not sure if my sand can take it.

I'd like to test one out before paying for one. If anyone has one I can test out for a day, I'd really appreciate it :)

my sand doesn't even like my 6100 and 6101 i have a spot in my tnak that looks like a sink hole :)

Scuzy, it also depends on how your aquascape is set up to deflect the flow, and your tank is still relatively new. Sand will move less once it matures more. I used to have only (2) 6201's in my 180g, and it moved sand all over the place. Now that the sand has matured a bit, I have added (2) more 6101s. Sand is taking it. So thinking about swapping out (1) 6101 with a 6201

Last edited:
it's hanging on magnet holders so nowt able ot angle them up.

maybe i should put a small wedge or something

Scuzy, you can tilt them up slightly if you use the extra suction cups that come with the stock mounting hardware. You can place that "stick" into a suction cup and tilt up the Stream slightly

hmm i think i'll need ot look at that. it can't seem to see that visually right now in my head. :)

yeah, you'll know what I mean when you look at that pack of stuff. It's literally a black peg that's about 1" long or so.

so total 4 or 3 6201's, at least give your corals time to grow :D before blowing the flesh off.

Bart, if I make the change, it will be 3 6201s and 1 6101. I'll switch to 4 6201 after they grow up :D

tunze sponsors my tank :D i also have a 6025 and 6045 that i hide behind my rocks to move water around :p

I do interval 2, 3 seconds, 6 hour, 30-100%
currently have (1) each 6201 and 6101 on each end of the tank.

Swivel the Tunze right or left on the swivel part. Then tilt the magnet part and it will point up or down.
See here where I swivel the pump and tilt it:
DSC_9502.jpg

Back