tunze 6212 pump

ldam

don't quote me on the model put on the topic, its the wave box with the top and bottom lits that can be remove
I think that is the model of the pump of my wavebox
i have the old wavebox with the old tunze pump with rectangle driver and round power block
i just took it out to have a vinegar wash, for a while all i can get is about 1/2inch wave my coral barely moving. 250 deep tank,
i notice the pump doesn't push the water that much compare to my tunze 6100, wierd this is a 6200 model pump if anything i expect it to push much more, even when i connect to the controller and push it to 100%, i check see if it was the driver, i happen to have a few driver for 6100 so i switch the driver since i see the driver on the wavebox is the same as the driver on 6100, but still it doesn't put the water that much compare to my 6100, i put 6100 in the wavebox and actually get much higher wave. what could be the problem, could it be my motor block get weak overtime?

Yes, that would be a 6212.

It could be the motor is half dead, it has two coils and one may be burned out, but it is also feasible the propeller assembly/ drive unit, is simply worn out and slipping or has a propeller that has worn to a shorter length. You might try the drive unit from your 6100, if it improves the flow, replacing it with a new 6200.700 should solve the problem. The 6215 pump works in a 6212 but a few parts need to be upgraded totalling about $370, I am not sure I would do this as the new 6214 wavebox comes out in a month or two and will be about $450 brand new and it should be quieter and more compact and with a better controller.

I check the pump when I change the impeller
the model is 6260
but yeah it did make a different with the 6100
does that mean the motor block is weaken

I don't understand, if you move the 6100 impeller to the 6260 is the pump stronger? If so it is just a worn impeller, if not, it is a bad motor.

The 6100 impeller doesn't improve so bad motor block I guess, doesn't seem like I can but a new 6260 motor block

Yes, if you need a new motor you would need 6215.200, 6215.300 and 6105.240, this would upgrade it to the 6215 pump. But this is expensive and the new 6214 will be not much more than this change.

No, and I don,t know that I would go that way, these pumps are all going to be 6-10 years old and not have much left.

Back