tunze 6305

ldam

Rogers,
my 6305 power supply is dead, Can i use a regular 24vdc power supply, not a fan of spending $190 for power supply

Yes, but it has to be 80W+ we use a 90W (older were 110W). Since the pump uses more than 50W and power supplies come in 30W (netbook) 50W, 80W, 90W and 110W, you have to go up to one of the bigger sizes and these tend to be pricey, at least locally the cheapest I could find was $130. Be sure to find one with no fans or vent slots as they won't last long and can be shock hazard around salt water, you can find them very cheap when they have fans or vents since the heat sinks and passive cooling tend to be one the bigger costs.

appreciate your input, I brought 90w 24vdc adapter work well for the first two day than the powerhead stop, don't know why, i have try with other adapter same thing happen. is it because of the power supply or the powerhead, if its the supply do you happen to have any used or refurbish tunze power supply I can buy from you, If not i might have to grab a new one from tunze, the only thing about it is that I don't know which part is broken. I don't want to buy another power supply to find out that its not the power supply that is broken

Generally these large power supplies are very reliable because they never get very warm, the pump needs only a bit over 50W at full power. I would suspect the issue is the pump, it could be as simple as a stuck drive unit or worn out drive unit (be sure it spins freely on the shaft, they should not be stuck together) or it could be the motor is failing.

Back