Tunze 9002 quit making alot of bubbles

browning_boy20

My moded tunze 9002 on my red sea max 130d has quit making a lot of bubbles for skimming. It still makes them but I can't get them to cum up in the neck anymore. Any ideas?

Have you taken it apart to see if anything is out of place? Before doing that, have you changed your water chemistry at all? There are lots of additives that will change surface tension of water, resulting in no skimming.

Nothing has changed. If I open the hose completely it should run the cup over but bubbles still don't make it up the neck. Haven't taken it apart yet, just noticed it.

Mine has gotten salt deposits at the little nozzle off of the pump and stopped skimming. Definitely take it apart and give it a good cleaning. I try to clean mine every few months.

Mine has gotten salt deposits at the little nozzle off of the pump and stopped skimming. Definitely take it apart and give it a good cleaning. I try to clean mine every few months.

BINGO!!!!! Salt deposits was clogging up the little 90 degree elbow. Thanks for the help. :beer:

Back