tunze DC skimmer sizing?

aronj2

all,

after havind dumped all my reef gear last year after 2 huge dino flagellate outbreaks, i had the opportunity to get back into this hobby again..
so, i did..

i bought a 250 ish gallon tank, and now piecing together all the equipment i need..

so i needed a skimmer, a bubbleking200 was out of my pricerange, and always had great luck with the jebao powered ati powercone's..

turns out, ATI doesnt make them anymore... so now what.. deltec and other A brands are out of my pricerange aswell,,

now i had a look at tunze, and can get them pretty affordable..
i was looking at the 9430, it has an insane rating of 900 ish gallons.. i know deltec and bubble magus are over rating their skimmers, and i will run a medium maybe medium/high bioload in the future..

so in short: is a tunze 9430 dc, well suited for a 250g tank?

thanks in advance guys, feels good to be back into this hobby again

That’s good to hear. Shame about the lost Tunze. I do think that you’ll be very happy with your Deltec as they are excellent skimmers as well. I’m running a Deltec on my current tank and am quite pleased with it.

I had a 1455 with the aquabee pump, loved that thing..
Ill pick it ul after work..
Deltec is a solid skimmer.. i wish they would be more honest about tank sizing.. theres no way the 1000i does 250gallons.. maybe with 2 fish. But not realistic

Back