Tunze Nano 9002

jason71832

RRMAS Member
Do you guys think a tunze nano 9002 would be big enough for a 46 gallon bowfront tank containing soft corals and lps (no sps). I like the look and size of these skimmers and have heard they are extremely quite, and have no chance of overflowing into the floor like a hang on back. If they did overflow it would go back into the tank. I am paranoid about having an overflow into my floor? Also does anyone know how hard they are to get skimming good? Are they worth the extra money, or would I be better with an octopus (which has been recomended to me) or an aqua C? I want something fairly quiet, easy to adjust and with little chance of having water in my floor? Please input.

The Tunze will not, can not overflow onto the floor. Any HOB can. I would go with the larger 9010 model. Check the Tunze forum and see what Roger says.

I have the 9002 I would be very leery of this skimmer. I have not ever got a full cup of skimmate on my 33 gallon reef tank. Sometimes you keep adjusting it with no results then 2 hours later it is overflowing. Presently I have it on my 120 to see if I can get a full cup there. I know I have a heavy bio load there.

Back