Tunze question

DownwardDawg

I just set up a 125 gal tank. (6' length) I'm looking at adding Tunze's. Which ones would I need on my tank? Can I control them with my RKL until I purchase the Tunze controller? Also, what type of control options does the Tunze controller give? Is it random flow, steady pulse, ramp up and down, etc...??

I really need to do a build thread I guess and post all my pics.

I have 4 Tunze's 6105's on my 180 (5' length) hooked up to a Neptune unit. They are dead quiet and provide some really nice flow. With the Neptune controller the possibilities are almost endless for pulse, ramping, ect. You can sync them so they all come on at once or one right after the other...I imagine that RKL has to have something similar. Sorry I don't have experience with the Tunze controller, but from what I have read on here people seem to like it.

Hi DD- on a 6' 125 I'd suggest two 6105s. These pumps come with two front housings; one for a longer, more powerful stream and the other for a wider, more diffuse stream. Both of these options could be used in your system, depending on what you decide to keep for corals.

As for the different options on our controllers, there's a comparison chart on our blog over here.

Ramping up and down is not an option we program our controllers for, though it can be done with some 3rd party controllers. If you're curious as to why we leave that option off, there's a response I made in another thread over here that gets into it.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask more questions as they come to you...

Hi DD- on a 6' 125 I'd suggest two 6105s. These pumps come with two front housings; one for a longer, more powerful stream and the other for a wider, more diffuse stream. Both of these options could be used in your system, depending on what you decide to keep for corals.

As for the different options on our controllers, there's a comparison chart on our blog over here.

Ramping up and down is not an option we program our controllers for, though it can be done with some 3rd party controllers. If you're curious as to why we leave that option off, there's a response I made in another thread over here that gets into it.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask more questions as they come to you...

Thanks a bunch!! That's some great information. How many pumps will the 7095 and 7096 control?

Out of the box, the 7095 and 7096 can each control up to four pumps.

We do have a Y Adapter which would let you control up to eight pumps (in four pairs of two) per controller.

One more question;
It seems that the 7096 does a little more than the 7095 but the cost of the 7095 is a lot more. Why is this? I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I want. I've made up my mind to go with Tunze's over the Vortech's but I research everything way too much. I'm definitely OCD.

I have read that the 7095 is more exespenive becasue they are more hand built and is more mechincal instead of a chip.

One more question;
It seems that the 7096 does a little more than the 7095 but the cost of the 7095 is a lot more. Why is this?

I have read that the 7095 is more exespenive becasue they are more hand built and is more mechincal instead of a chip.
That's exactly the reason. The 7095 requires a lot more assembly and has a lot more in the way of dials, buttons and lights. Even though they cost more we do still sell a lot of them. The main advantage, actually the only advantage I can think of, is that they can be programmed without a computer.

The 7096 has more programming options and allows a finer degree of control on all of the settings, down to a 1/100th of a second. It's definitely the one to choose unless you need the simplicity of making adjustments without a computer.

Back