tunze wave box on a 75 gallon?

eddie c

anyone use a tunze wave box on a 75g, i really want to put one in my tank but b4 i waste any $ i thought id check in here.

With a controller, I have seen a wavebox on a 30g long (36" wide) with a 1" wave.

hey guys, thanks for the links but i have a question for you will the wavebox run off of my tunze 6000 controller or does it have a special type of controller?

Hogben, where do you have yours mounted and how much wave are you getting? that video of the 75g seem a little too much, are you able to dial it down?

It comes with a controller. Regular stream controller pulses from 2 set points.It speeds up and slows down but doesnt ever shutoff. The stream in the wavebox actually turns off and on.

You can dial it down with an adjustment screw in the driver box. Thats how the guy is running it on the 30g

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9836202#post9836202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DarthBaiter
hogben, what kind of overflow do you have on that tank?

It's 48" long and has a 6"x6" overflow centered on the side. The water swells and goes down the overflow like normal, a little more pressure during the swell but it doesnt splash or make lots of noise.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9837006#post9837006 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by eddie c
hey guys, thanks for the links but i have a question for you will the wavebox run off of my tunze 6000 controller or does it have a special type of controller?

Hogben, where do you have yours mounted and how much wave are you getting? that video of the 75g seem a little too much, are you able to dial it down?

Like I was saying my overflow is on the short side centered. The wavebox is almost the same dimensions as my overflow, so I just set it next to it all the way up to the top under the eurobracing. I'm using the magnet mounts.

I have it turned all the way down and I get a 1" wave. Its a very short cycle though, so a quick back and forth swell. You need a longer take for the slow back and forth motion.

I still like it, it really keeps the water moving in any hard to reach places.

Back