Turbo Overflow

Never used one, but it looks like it would work fine. Unless of course you want the eductor in one corner and the overflow in the other corner.

Kim

Very interesting! I'll be keeping tabs on this thread!

turbo-overflow-01-365x380.jpg

turbo-overflow-02%20-268x300.jpg

turbo-overflow-04-467x300.jpg

Looks like a great space saver if you have the pump to actually make them worthwhile. I'm curious why they use the .30" orifice instead of the .375" version as it seems better suited for pumps common in the hobby. If you're planning to buy their kit rather than DIY, you might want to ask them first.

I thought the samething, as being a space saver, I currently have a mag 10 return and I'am concerned if it has enough head to work on dual box setup. The rise will be over 4 ft. to the top of the return line. It I decide to go with this set up I will keep you posted. Would like some more input before I decide though.

Just keep in mind that the Turbo Overflow is an extra option to their overflows. 5" x 5" x 5" overflow goes for $59 plus another $44 or $50 depending on what size Turbo you get.

50 bux to drill a hole in the bottom install a bulkhead and the eductor. That is a pretty good profit margin.

And you only get the free hole with purchase of a $60+ acrylic box. I think you can order their "turbo kit" by itself to add to your existing overflow. It is kind of a hard sell, for a penductor, a bulkhead, and a threaded street ell 90.

And no, the penductor won't preform very well with a Mag 10 (9.5?). Here's an excel sheet and graph I threw together of a Mag 12 and several Iwaki's for an example a few weeks ago.

That graph is considering 0' of other head on the pump. The intersection of the penductor with the pump's curve would be the output if the penductor was connected directly to the pump.

Attachments

• penductor graph.xls
    27 KB · Views: 0
Back