Turbo snail

Ricky1066

Ok after the whole fiasco last night I called the fish store to ask him exactly what he gave me .In snails \I told him what I wanted and he gave them to me But I just not sure if theyare correct

For the new reading I wasnted 10 nas snails and 10 snails that clean the rocks

The guy told me (worker) he only had NAs snails and the conch"a I said ok give me 10 of each

When I get home I looked at them and thought they were conch's but now they are on the rocks and glass and they are whitish gray

I had turbo snails before and they were black
Is there a such think as a mexican turbo snail in a whitesh gray ?

Ive auctually never heard of a black turbo snail before, I have had grey ones though. If those snails in the picture are what you are talking about then they done even look like mexican turbo snails.

Yes Pagojoe Thats them thnaks It is time to get a new lfs if he is giving me things I dont ask for ,,

Now I have to figure if I want them

If you can keep them on the rocks and glass or where the algae is, they are good algae eaters. Most nerites tend to climb the glass and position themselves just above the water line. Nerita albicilla isn't as bad as some of the others to try to stay out of the water, but you may still have to keep punching them back down into the tank to make them eat.

Cheers,

Don

keep in mind when buying bigger snails (esp Turbo's) they have a tendency to knock over corals and frags. Were a pain for me until i epoxied my frag disks down.

Back