Turbo snails

Vorog

Can large turbo snails eat a dying fish? I had a wrasse that was bullied by my other wrasse and was not doing well. I noticed last night the wrasse was in the corner of the tank and not moving much at all. I threw the wrasse in my refugium to keep him away from being bullied more. The only inverts in my refugium are turbo snails. When I woke up the wrasse was gone! I've looked everywhere in the sump no sign of the fish. It did not jump out as I can access behind and around my sump well. So this leads me to think my wrasse died and was consumed by the snails.. can that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it probably is stuck/chopped up by your return pump or pumps if you cant find it outside the tank.

I do have mud. There is no way he made it to my return pump. I have mesh and eggcrate so the snails don't get out

I took the rubble rock out of my refugium looking for the fish. He is completely gone. I'm just curious if the snails will eat a dead fish?

Some are omnivores. Usually they stick to eating pods. I suppose they could eat a dead fish but probably nah. Usually when something dies in the rock they don't just fall out because you move them. I lost a pep and it was really deep in some caves. I only saw it with a flashlight and some luck.

The point is, it's likely something other than famished snails. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I am a noob after all. Sounds anticdotale rather than typical.

Back