Twist your lights!

scoobyrs25

On a whim I decided to twist my reflectors about 30 degrees. I have 4 square reflectors over my 300 gallon, 30" deep tank. My whole tank has much more light everywhere, especially front to back. Give it a try!
Kevin

witch way did you twist the reflector? towards the back of the tank or front? do you have a canopy? interesting because i would assumer the 30' degree would reflect more light off the water cause its at an angle instead of directly over it... Lets see a pic

They are still mounted in my canopy. They are screwed in with one screw directly in the center of the reflector. I simply twisted them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14201152#post14201152 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scoobyrs25
They are still mounted in my canopy. They are screwed in with one screw directly in the center of the reflector. I simply twisted them.

So, you mean you rotated them around the screw that holds them from above? If you were to look down on your tank, your reflectors would make a 30-degree angle with the length of the tank?

ok i get it. You just adjusted the horiszontal level of the reflectors? like you moved them all like \ \ \ instead of I I I right?

hmmm.... well since he/she said "I decided to twist my reflectors about 30 degrees" and he/she didnt specify if it were up and down or side to side i wanted to clarify. maybe i missed something? pretty HARD to get...... : / i guess...

IMO rotate will be the term, that it is why I think it is twisted... The term I mean. :D

Did I write what I wrote?...

Im confused :confused:
Are we talking single ended or double? I can twist my single ended but not sure about the double.

Can you post pics? :lol: :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14206297#post14206297 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scoobyrs25
You guys are retards and should just unplug your lights.... ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

If the light spread of a given reflector is available anywhere (example Sanjay's website), it is easy to calculate the best way to mount your reflector to get the best spread possible. For example, this trick may work on the Lumenarc but not have any impact on a Lumenbright, or Lumenmax. It's all in the reflector and not a general fix to all reflectors.

Back