Two dwarf angels in a tank? (Not a mated pair)

Zionas

My tank will be a 3-foot tank that's 36"x24"x24". That gives me about 85 gallons. I am wondering if it's possible for me to introduce two Centropyge at the same time (both will be small and around the same suze) and put them in one tank. Will my tank be too small? Will they fight? Is this recommended at all? (If so, for which species?)

What about putting two different species, getting around the same size and introducing them together?

Although they may be ok for awhile, my guess is that they will eventually have problems. Getting one out of an established tank will be difficult to say the least.

I agree w/ billdogg, same situation applies w/ tangs--if one too many, they can turn very aggressive one day.
FYI, tank size=LxWxH in inches/231=gallons, there're 231 cubic inches/g.

I think it will work if you avoid the more aggressive Centropyge species: Flame, Potters, Lemonpeel, Cherub, Flameback, Bicolor, Yellowtail, etc.

IMO; you can mix two of the following and it should work out over the long-term: Coral Beauty, Half Black, Multicolor, Keyhole, Eibli, Black Nox.

Back