Twoface's 75 gallon mixed reef

Twoface14

I haven't been on here much and I feel like it missing out. I don't think I've shared many if any photos of my tank. It's nothing spectacular but here it is. Been running it skimmerless for 5 months now and no growth is much better. I have around 22 different corals (some are the same just different colors. This tank is 9 months old

Here's the stock list
1 fire clown
1 yellow tang
1 blue damsel
1 lawnmower blenny

1 urchin
1 serpent star
1 Pom Pom crab
Several blue legged crabs
Several snails

Coral:
Button polyps
Green star polyps
Pulsing xenias
Finger leather
Ricorda mushrooms (spelling)
Green mushrooms
Fuzzy mushrooms
Red monti's
Velvet monti's
Reverse sunset monti's
Purple monti's
Horn coral
Cactus coral
Green birdsnest
Purple birdsnest
Green tipped hammer
Purple tipped hammer
Blue tip frogspawn
Purple tip frogspawn
Small acros
Candy canes
Encrusting pink coral I forgot the name of
1 softball sized yellow sponge that randomly popped up
Purple sponges that popped up

~ 100 lbs live rock (some in sump)
60 lbs sand
75 gallon reef ready tank
4 powerheads ranging from sun sun to tunze
2 hydor heaters 200w
125g eshopps skimmer not ran in 5 months
4 day old reefbreeder photon V2 48's (was using 2 black boxes)

Like I said not spectacular but I like it. Still room to grow.

I can see why. She's evil most of the time. The only fish she likes is my yellow tang. They are always together

Ha! That's an odd duo. Though their colors would compliment. I think that's pretty cool.

I have always wanted a fire clown, but have stayed away from them because of their aggression. Now I have a pair of lightning maroons... Going to be just as bad, maybe worse lol

Thanks randy! It was odd how it came about. Started as a common yellow sponge that just poped up and now it's the size of a softball. Showed a fellow reefer and saltwater store owner it and he was amazed. He said he's never had one that big just pop up and he's been doing it for 25 years. I like it but the wife says it's ugly lol. I also have some purple ones about 8" above that on the same rock.
Shane, I kinda wish I would have gotten some occ's rather than her but it was my first fish. I believe I will get a cube tank and place directly beside my DT and put her in it. I'm planning on using a common sump so I don't have to do a complete cycle. I've got plenty of rock in my sump to start a 20 gallon tank

Very nice! We have similar tastes. :bigeyes:

I have a small patch of green Button Polyps that are amongst my favorites, so I find your Button Polyp rock inspiring. I am also a BIG fan of the plating Montiporas.

That yellow sponge is amazing!

Thanks xxero! That button polyp rock started out 3 years ago as 3-4 heads. Then covered the whole rock within about 7-8 months. Then stopped. Every once in awhile I'll push a rock up next to it and several will attach themselves to it and I'll sell/ give away them. I've done that about 4 times and have some rocks ready ATM. My monti's I keep giving away as well except my slow growers. My velvet and reverse sunset have not been dragged yet since they take so long. The orange/ red ones I've fragged several times. I actually had about a 5" patch get taken over by my gsp. That stuff is like wildfire loo

Love your tank!I am upgrading to a 40 breeder soon,just bought the first piece of the build today,anyway not trying to hijack your thread,lol,but your tank is awsome!

Back