Tyler's 180 Gallon Upgrade

so after talking with capt cully he got me thinking that I might want to try to drill this myself. I could save a couple $100 by drilling the tank myself. Anyone use the reef savey ghost overflows?

Well scratch that reef savey ghost overflow. looks like they don't make them very often. They only make a certain amount once they have meant a quota of orders. I love how thin they are inside the tank.

I've got a 180 with corner overflows that I will be breaking down soon to go to a 93. 1 noticeable scratch in lower left, but other than that it's in great shape. PM me if you're interested and we can work out a price.

hey Captian7359 I'm not into the corner overflows. I don't want to see the plumbing stuff on the side like you do with the marineland tanks. If I'm not going to drill it myself than im going to go with the aqueon tank that has the overflows on the back wall.

Blurry- I was checking those out yesterday. Looks like an easy way to drill the tank. I read that people removed the springs. If you watch the BRS video they got took the springs out as well.

Okay tank is ordered and on its way.. I think it will be here on Friday. Once the tank is here I'm going to get cracking on finishing this build up. Update on the stand... I'm planning on ditching the color stain I started with and going to black. Ill be posting updates on the stand this week once I'm done staining.

I had a color called Kona and its just too brown for my liking. Since I can only go darker from here my next color choice and my original choice is black. I was trying to please the old lady and try something besides black, but I just don't dig it.

Went ahead and stained the whole stand with the Kona Stain color. Once I got it covered I like it much more. I did do a sample on a scrape piece of wood and did two coats. It looked real nice and dark. Im going to stick with this color for sure. I should be able to get another coat on and start polying by the end of the week. Tank will be here this week as well. I plan to do the swapping of the tanks on the week of 16th.

Tank is here. Thankfully I have French doors at my moms house. She lives in Florida during the winter so I've been building everything there. Once it's all done I'll be bringing it to my house.

Got a poly coat on. Panels all done on the stand. Just have some more caulking and a couple coats of poly inside to make it really water resistant.

BRS screen tops assembled and back of the glass painted black. I'm waiting on bulkheads so as soon as those are in (Thursday) I'll be in action.

Back