typhoon III

annetate

Premium Member
I recently ordered this product and it arrives today, i was just wanting to get a heads up on problems or concerns anyone had with this product. if you have something good to say about it, i'd like to hear that too. thanks

Got mine last week. Hooked it up in about 15min and was fast flushing right after that and made great water ZERO TDS right after that. Very satisfied with product! ~Matt

I've had mine for about a month now, and I love it. I researched many RO/DI units, and I definately made the right choice. Very good customer service as well.

my water quality is great, however mine came with a slow drip (leak) from the first filter housing...I've called and left messages, emailed...Yet no response. They seem to never answer their phone.

Other than the lack of customer service and the small leak that could be fixed, i don't think i could have found a better unit for the price.

Hopefully someone will get back to me, then i will be 100% satisfied.

EDIT: I take it back, i tried calling again today and got through, they are sending replacement parts in the mail. It was most likely damage caused during shipping. Now I AM 100% satisfied! I was just a little weary when i had trouble getting in contact with someone last week.

I would recommend the Typhoon III and Air Water Ice to anyone. :)

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday! I didn't have chance to hook it up though, I was too busy.......... :sad1:

eee

It's one of the things that fit the description "You get what you pay for." I am happy I went ahead and spent a little bit more coin for a top-notch system.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6923867#post6923867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JER-Z
Other than the lack of customer service and the small leak that could be fixed, i don't think i could have found a better unit for the price.

Hopefully someone will get back to me, then i will be 100% satisfied.

You could have purchased a leaky one with bad customer service a lot cheaper from somewhere else!!!
LOL just kidding. Glad they got it worked out for you.

however mine came with a slow drip (leak) from the first filter housing
I had almost forgotten, but the same happened to me. When I first hooked it up and had it running, I noticed some water starting to pool around where the unit was sitting. I was worried at first, but a little turn of the housing easily solved the drip.

I've loved my Typhoon III.

I've had mine for a few months now. Shipping may loosen your cartridges, so use the tool and tighten them up before using it.

It's a great product and I have nothing but great customer service from them.

I have been using one for 8 months or so. No problem at all. My e-mails were always answered. Excellent product. I have it hooked up to a 30g Rubbermaid container with a float valve. In the container is a pump for the Tunze Osmolator (to the main tank). It is part of my auto top-off system. Covers my 2-3 g evaporative losses a day like a charm.

i have mine hooked up and running, a small leak occured around the second filter, i'm going to try and tighten it and see if the leak stops. the box was open when i got it, which concerned me a little. i checked to see if everything was in there and it was so i guess the tap just sucks. the directions were a little weird since there was absolutely no pictures but i figured it out.
thanks for all your imput, the leak scared me a little.
good product though

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6926401#post6926401 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by annetate
directions were a little weird since there was absolutely no pictures

:confused: My directions have pictures....?

eee

Use a very tiny bit of silicone grease on the o-rings and they should never leak. I get the grease at a local homebrew shop and its a food grade product so won't hurt anything.

Have had mine for about a year along with the tank and dispener---great improvement to our drinking water. I hired a plumber to install it (not a DIY type person), especially with the drinking water option. I have had one minor problem (my fault) with the unit. But, customer service (Brian) was responsive and he solved it right away. I would purchase the unit again. This hobby is repleat with areas to spend more money. I decided not to purchase the top dollar set up for water filtration and no regrets so far.

do any of you provide heating to your incoming water to make it more efficient? I also just got the Typhoon III, and am in the process of setting it up. I'm wondering if I should have the incoming line sit in heated water so that it's warmer as it enters the unit.

Back