ugh, well now my weekend is shot.

xmadcowx

Wilderness Reefer
Just woke up from a nap to find out a brown out killed my skimmer and part of my lighting system.

Skimmer is non responsive whatsoever, and the HQI is not firing on my outer orbit setup.

Does anyone have a 150w HQI bulb I can test to see if the problem is the ballast or just the bulb?

Secondly, wasn't someone selling the ITech 100 a week or so ago? I'm assuming its gone by now, but worth a shot.

Pretty bummed right now as you can imagine, this stuff hasn't been out of the box for more than 2 months. So disappointing...

So as soon as I post this thread, I go to flip the switch on the HQI, just for the hell of it, I had already tried it a few times the past 2 hours, and go figure, it works.

So...about that I-Tech skimmer...

Get this....I come home from compusa with a 850w UPS, and a plam tree in the bed of my truck (more on that later), for the hell of it, decide to flip the switch on my skimmer. Sure enough, powers up like nothing happened. I guess they both needed some time to reset, or whatever, I'm no electrician, just glad I'm not out $500+ for a new light fixture and skimmer.

So, I just finished landscaping my front yard, and wanted to add a small palm tree to the rock bed to fill it in a bit, but had to wait on HOA approval (don't you love that?). After feeling lucky about the lights turning on before I left for compusa, and grabbing one of the last ups's that I wanted at the store, I thought I would take a shot at home depot and see if they had the palm I was looking at on Friday. Sure enough, it was tucked away in the back, so I threw it in the bed of the truck and came home.

When the skimmer turned on when I walked in, I got a boost of energy and decided 930 at night in a downpour would be a perfect time to put the palm tree in.

So, all is well, look forward to a good night sleep tonight!

so....I come home from compusa with a 850w UPS, and a plam tree in the bed of my truck (more on that later), for the hell of it, decide to flip the switch on my skimmer. Sure enough, powers up like nothing happened. I guess they both needed some time to reset, or whatever, I'm no electrician, just glad I'm not out $500+ for a new light fixture and skimmer.

So, I just finished landscaping my front yard, and wanted to add a small palm tree to the rock bed to fill it in a bit, but had to wait on HOA approval (don't you love that?). After feeling lucky about the lights turning on before I left for compusa, and grabbing one of the last ups's that I wanted at the store, I thought I would take a shot at home depot and see if they had the palm I was looking at on Friday. Sure enough, it was tucked away in the back, so I threw it in the bed of the truck and came home.

When the skimmer turned on when I walked in, I got a boost of energy and decided 930 at night in a downpour would be a perfect time to put the palm tree in.

So, all is well, look forward to a good night sleep tonight!

Back