Uniseal question

snulma1

So trying to build my first waterchange/mixing station
Currently have a 77 gallon container for RODI which will be directly above a 55 gallon drum for salt mixing.

I placed a uniseal towards the bottom of the 77 gallon drum. Its a 1" uniseal which based on BRS's recommendation needed a 1 3/4" hole drilled.
I used a hole saw for this (1 3/4" / 44mm) and the hole came out perfect.
However when dry fitting the uniseal it slips in and out really easily.
Will this change once I push a pipe/fitting thru the uniseal or is this barrel no good anymore?

I've personally never used a uni-seal, I've always used bulkhead.
Try sliding the uni-seal over the pipe, is it tight? does it seem to expand some?
If so, just be sure the hole is de-burred very well, and is clean around the edges.
Put the seal in, try the pipe, see how tight it is then. Worse case is you will then need to go the bulk head route.
But don't use the cheap ones they sell, like the ones that come with a tank, these are the ones I use. Much stronger, and you can tighten them up without the fear of breaking them.
https://www.amazon.com/Banjo-TF100-...1_40?keywords=bulkhead&qid=1585824971&sr=8-40

It should be a very tight fit. I have to put a little water on the pipe and twist it in. When installing a pipe.

It should be a very tight fit. I have to put a little water on the pipe and twist it in. When installing a pipe.

That's for inserting the pipe. But when you put the uniseal into the hole you drilled/cut was that super tight too?

Yes it should be a tight fit all a round. Otherwise it can not seal and keep the water from leaking out.

Hard to say as I am not there. There is an outer lip and a inner lip to the United seal. That should feel secure. When the pipe is inserted it is suppose to fit tight an push the uniseal to seal the hole in the container.

Only one way to find out. Test fit a piece of 1” pipe and see. Please report back! :)

Back