Unloading a 300g DD today

jk1138

Hey all, I have a 300g sitting in a friends truck, The people who were supposed to come help yesterday could not, so instead of 8 I had 4 guys and that is not enough. I can have 5 or 6 here 1 - 1:30 today, but I could use more. It is just taking it off the truck and moving it 10 ft to the garage floor. I can order some pizza if you can come help, it will take longer to eat then move the tank. PM me if you think you can make it, I will not be home til a little after noon so please do not call I am a pastor and will be in service at the time and unable to answer.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Nice - I wish you great luck. Myself and 3 other men moved my 300DD - mind you they were moving men that did this for a living. Everyone grabbed a corner and picked up no more than 100 feet from the garage floor to the family room. Yes, we struggled a bit to lift if chest level to place onto the 43 - 44 inch high stand top, but if you work together, moving the weight in the position of getting underneath it which is an entirely different set of muscles, you will be ok. I agree very intimidating at first. I am a bit of risk taker however, and we didn't have a plan "B" if we got tired. If we placed it flat on the ground good luck getting it back up since we didn't have the luxery of a palet in the family room (which we left back in the garage on the initial lift raising it up a few inches from the ground to sneak our fingers underneath). Congrats again!

Last edited:
hey all, just chiming in, but yhea any and all help would be appreciated , never anitcipated it being so heavy!!! i mean i would have taking a flat trailer with us , but fear of the trailer bouncing over 30 miles would not had been good, so instead its in the back of a p/u truck , and took a forklift to put it in! so more guys the better. the biggest trick here, and why it may a bit of a challenge, is it cant really be dragged, or pushed, or such, for 1 inch of the tank is on the tailgate, and already corners of pallet is squishing the cover to tailgate. and tailgates cannot handle that sort of weight *cry* well not a 1k+ pice of glass lol. so help a brother out and hope to see some folks there

Piano movers did mine . It was $100. and worth every penny . I didn't have to worry about anyone getting hurt , and they were insured . If anything happened to the tank it was covered . It doesn't take much to chip an edge , or even slip , and drop one end .

Look at what you paid for the tank . To me that $100. was well spent .

Yea I was quoted $100 then as they were onsite they added $20 bucks because they probably knew I had no other choice but to pay it. You would think you could get some ethical services found on Craig's List - jk lol.

I also had them move another piece of furniture so I felt that I won in a way. In the end they got $115 and 3 bottles of water. Not bad deal for them for 20 minutes of labor.

I can help if you need another hand. Text me at 813 919-9881 with an address and I'll head over.

Chris

went very smooth, and not a scratch on the truck. manpower FTW. and thanks to rogergolf66's girl, she was a Champ!!! got in there took my tailgate off liek she done it 100 times, and didnt even break a naiL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back