Updated photos of my 24gal nanocube

illuminum

I really love the way my tank has come together. My only problem is that my royal gramma has a bad case of ich that is refusing to go away even with treatment. The rest of the fish are fine. Water parameters are fine. I'll try to get him into a qt tank soon. Anyway, here are the pics. Whaddaya think?

IMG_1234_resize.JPG

IMG_1237_resize.JPG

IMG_1239_resize.JPG

IMG_1241_resize.JPG

IMG_1244_resize.JPG

IMG_1247_resize.JPG

IMG_1249_resize.JPG

IMG_1251_resize.JPG

IMG_1259_resize.JPG

IMG_1260_resize.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6974454#post6974454 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hunter_Cal
what kind of lighting u use?

Stock lighting on the 24 gal nanocubes (2 36w PC's) and a 13w light for the mini fuge I have in the back compartment.

Real Nice, especially for "stock lighting"

Thanks for sharing, now that I have a smaller 25gallon myself I love seeing what others are doing in their little systems.

Very nice nano.

How do you get your sun polyps to come out when the tank is lit. Mine only come out after lights off. Then they just blossom but I'd like to see them some during the day, too.

any advice?

Thanks - Laurie

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6977146#post6977146 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FishWife1
Very nice nano.

How do you get your sun polyps to come out when the tank is lit. Mine only come out after lights off. Then they just blossom but I'd like to see them some during the day, too.

any advice?

Thanks - Laurie

Hehe, I've been asking the boards the same question. They stay buttoned up all day, actually. However, whenever I feed my tank (the fish and the sun coral) the sun polyps slowly open up and stay open ready to catch anything that the current brings its way. I've only had it for 2 weeks so I can't say for sure how successful it's doing but it seems to be doing ok. I feed it about 3 times a week (live brine) after the lights go out since thats when the polyps open up. The only problem is that the cleaner shrimp goes and mobs the shrimp out of the sun's polyps

Sun corals are a pain in the butt but they're so cool.

Back