Updated Tabk Pics

magrath

Premium Member
Here are a few current pics of my tank. I apologize in advance for my lousy picture taking abilities. Brad

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Nice setup.

I have all the fish you do and a few more.....except the hippo. Did you catch it locally or did you buy it? If you caught it locally, I kindly solicit your help. They are one of my favorite fish. I have one that is nearly 9 inches and nearly 9 years old now, back home. I would love to find some here. I know they are up this far because the guy at fish lagoon told me he can get them infrequently. Nice selections.

Thanks,
I actually got the hippo from Aqua Culture, 2000 Yen. They have a large selection of extremely healthy fish, clams and corals, I would highly recommend them. I have not been able to catch any fish. Every thing elce in the tank I have gathered locally except a couple of my Zoanthids.

Where is the Aqua Culture 2000 yen? I have not heard of that one. I live on Plaza Housing just outside of Foster.

Thanks

the directions...
Take 58 south. Go past Futema gate 1 (the gate on 58) and continue south. The first bridge you come to don't go over the bridge. go off to the right and go under the bridge. (A&W root beer shop will be under the bridge on the left, and NEO sports will be in front of you) there is an intersection (I believe 153) and its a stoplight. at this stoplight make a Right. then the next stoplight you come to, make a left. at this intersection there will be a family mart on the corner. the street kind of curves right, (stay right) you will pass a driving school training area on the left, and on the right will be a bunch of steel beams/wall. continue until it T's. at the T make a left. You will come to a gate. Go through the gate and then there will be a fishing dock on your right, and the water will be right there also. Continue to the road goes right (but don't go right) and the coral farm will be on your left side in a fence. It kind of sits back a little and there is a tiny sign on the door. That's it!

If you go around the corner you will see 3 green houses. that's the actual farm.

Another way down to the place, from foster, follow the signs to the Okinawa Convention Center/Tropical Beach. continue south past the place, until you come to the stoplight with the family mart on your RIGHT. Make a right and then your on your way. (continue the directions from the family mart as mentioned above)

you are essentially heading towards the 2 red white and blue towers that are just before you get to Naha. The shop is actually at the base of those towers.

http://www.aquaculture.co.jp

The 2000 yen is what I paid for the Hippo Tang. If you want to meet up I have some time on Saturday to head down to Aqua Culture. I live at Mc T but could meet you at plaza.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the directions. I went there today and would be glad to go again this weekend. They are extremely nice. I bought a smaller hippo and some really nice cultured zoanthids. Really nice and healthy stuff. I was very impressed.

Thanks again

Patrick Myer

Does any one else want to head down to aqua culture this Saturday? It would be fun to go down as a group.

I will probably be diving in the morning and have some time in the afternoon. If I do go diving I will be able to pick some goodies up for anyone that wants some frags. I will post on Friday morning an update.

magrath: My tank is pretty well stocked now, but If you find any really nice SPS, unusual colors, i'm definitely in the market for it. My tank is pretty much lacking in anything that isnt green :D

I have seen some nice pink/purple and blue SPS's on most of my dives. If I go out this weekend, I will pick some up and hold it in my tank for you.

Brad

I love that piece in the upper right hand corner of your tank. What's the water temp like now? Need a 3mil suit yet?

Thanks man the tank is starting to come along now that I have conquered my hair algae problem. The water temp is about 78 degrees. I was actually a little chilly in my 3/2 the last ten minutes of my dive. You don't need a wetsuit if you are snorkeling yet.

looking good brad! I see my clam I gave you is doing good. I like the aquascape. I had to move some rocks in my tank b/c of all the movement I have now. Let me know if you are able to get anymore sps frags or even some acans. Have you seen anything that is sps/lps that is red? Let me know, good job again can't wait to see future pics!

Thanks Jeremy,
I can get some red Brain coral, I see them a lot about 40 ft down. I have some extra white bubble coral frags if you want one let me know.

That sounds good, have you seen any acans in the water here? I was at ACO today and I was trying to get a frag of their maroon/red acro they had! I hate that the coral I want fr

I've been trying to get ACO to part with some of their bright colored sps for over a year.. no luck :D

all i want is a frag i say! haha

Back