Upgraded to 93 Cube and Radion XR30W light

justjered

We had a 60 gallon (55 tall) tank with current ic loop set up on it but decided to move it from the office to the living room and didnt think the 60 looked right...

So birthday upgrade for us...

Got a 93 rimless cube, glass top and stand set up. Knew the 48" Current LED wouldnt work but also quickly learned the 36" just wouldnt cut it and didnt want to mess with adding a 24" and needing to upgrade later... So went with a Radion XR30W light (ceiling hanging mount set up).

Spent the day transferring liverock, sand, most of the water and topping off another 30-40 gallons of new RO water. Love the room it has and layered rock scape.

However definitely looking for more coral to go in it. So would love some advise. Light is hung 4" above the glass top and lights the tank amazingly! I havent done par readings but based on the 30x30x30 tank it should have good par numbers to the edges of the tank how it's mounted and positioned.

We currently have a Ritteri Anemone, a small BT anemone, Med sized leather finger coral, 2 seperate duncan heads, frog spawn frag, 4 orange mushrooms (dime to quarter size), a bubble mushroom frag, small green star frag, small palm palm xenia frag and frag of a challace.

Would like some additional bright coloring and possibly established coral pieces (not frag pieces).

Any recommendation for stuff that isnt a total killer like sun coral (got a random frag order and got that, dont think it's alive even with feeding it regularly).

I just ordered testing kits for the alk, calcium and mag as well as dosing supplements for them and use Red sea coral pro salt for my top off and water changes.

My understanding is the Radion light should support/grow any coral we put under it. So hoping for a few recommendations. (elegance, large brain coral or a fancy clam is something were looking for as a front center piece possibly). (and we currently have a small file fish which will be finding a new home as he destroyed our zoa's and some other corals and want to focus on a coral tank).

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1
I would hang it the same height as the RMS mounts, second I would turn that light way down like 30% or less.

A File fish can be hit and miss with the corals you listed, get some ricordias and yumas, very colorful and the File Fish won't bother them

Back