UrbanSage's 270 Gallon in Wall Reef Adventure.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15090884#post15090884 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Goodwin9
Awsome pictures Nick, I don't suppose that you could bring any goodies back for your tank?

Nah :) The turtle didn't fit in my carry on :D

All kinds of good pictures in that collection, Nick. Thanks for sharing.

What do you think this might be? Some kind of zoanthid colony that is closed up?
IMG_0190.jpg

Might this be some type of Tubastrea?
IMG_0183.jpg

I really like this combination of the basket starfish in the sponge. The picture of the puffer in a another sponge was really cute, but then again I love puffers.
IMG_0025.jpg

And this picture is one my favorites from your trip. What is the coral? The tentacles remind me of a Heliofungia, but perhaps it is simply an anemone.
IMG_0269.jpg

I saw that Sexy Shrimp, Chuck. If it had been in focus and not washed out, that would have made one awesome photograph for sure.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15091897#post15091897 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
What do you think this might be? Some kind of zoanthid colony that is closed up?
And this picture is one my favorites from your trip. What is the coral? The tentacles remind me of a Heliofungia, but perhaps it is simply an anemone.

I have no clue on the first one. The color was amazing though, I really don't think it was zoanthids though.
The second one is an anemone. There were quite a few around. One was very deep but bright purple. I got one blurry picture of it, then one in focus but where another diver had kicked up the sandbed.....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15091992#post15091992 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JRaquatics
That had to be a killer dive. The shots you took are excellent with great detail. Thanks for sharing.

Dives were pretty good :) Got one on the Atlantic side of the bay area and it was so dense with life it was tough to spot rock underneath.
The pictures are from a protected bay area seeing more divers.
The shots were a first for me shooting underwater.
The first couple of days went by trying to work out how best to set the white balance while either using or not using flash. I have a lot of very blue or very red pictures I can't post :)
But for an old (borrowed from tangdiver) 3MP camera I think it did very well. Some of the close-ups actually turned out pretty damn nice. Any shortcoming I contribute to lack of experience on my part :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15092325#post15092325 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
I saw that Sexy Shrimp, Chuck. If it had been in focus and not washed out, that would have made one awesome photograph for sure.

Awwww :( No, I agree :)

The pics are great. Never knew the camera could do it.

Shows it is not the camera but the person who knows how to run it.

But great pics for a 3.2 and older and older housing, and heating up underwater which fogs the housing after a short time.

He he he he

Keep it coming now pics at the river....the big muddy, the Missouri...

Hahahahahahaha

Grant

The pics are great. Never knew the camera could do it.

Shows it is not the camera but the person who knows how to run it.

But great pics for a 3.2 and older and older housing, and heating up underwater which fogs the housing after a short time.

He he he he

Keep it coming now pics at the river....the big muddy, the Missouri...

Hahahahahahaha

Grant

If you visit my little red house you will find among other things these pictures showing the progress of the display tank over the last two years.

The tank is currently doing very well.
The refugium was taken down for some remodeling and the end result is an additional 75 gallon tank. (Pictures to come).
The plan is two refugiums. One with algae just like before and one with live rock to boots micro fauna/flora diversity in the entire setup.

July 2007
0707.jpg

August 2007
0807.jpg

September 2007
0907.jpg

October 2007
1007.jpg

March 2008
0308.jpg

May 2008
0508.jpg

December 2008
1208.jpg

April 2009
0409.jpg

June 2009
0609.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15325005#post15325005 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by serenity
Man I love your rockscaping! Great looking tank, awesome shots as it grew and continues to grow!

The last two are only two months apart.... And it is one of the periods showing the most growth..... Must be doing something right ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15325213#post15325213 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by melev
Yay!! June 2009 is my favorite shot. :D

I sure would hope so :)

Back